Greed is an Emacs Lisp client for GROGGS. It was originally
written by Gareth Rees, and has undergone meddling by various hands since
Note: I don't use GROGGS any more, so I do not maintain this
software. Let me know if you want to take it over.
You will need Emacs installed. GNU Emacs and XEmacs should both work. If you have a
choice between a MULE and a non-MULE version, you should use the MULE
Very old versions of Emacs may not work.
Aquamacs is not currently
greed-1.4.4.tar.gz contains the source
code. You can either install it system-wide or just in your home directory.
See the README for
be suitable for Debian and Ubuntu systems.
(The odd package name is because someone else grabbed “greed”
for their package name despite being informed that it was in use
- Add a category header to the documentation.
- Move local variable declarations to the right place.
- Add an md5sums file.
- configure checks more carefuly that the Emacs to use exists
and is suitable.
- Behave better with Emacs from Fink.
- Avoid ugly (but actually mostly harmless...) error if
--with-dot-emacs not specified.
- New variable greed-quit-without-prompting allows quit prompt to
be inhibited even in novice mode.
- New configure script.
- Various packaging improvements.
GREED exists on github.
RJK | Contents